The Land of 1000 Seasons

Happy Easter and Passover everyone!

I am happy to be giving everyone another fun update on my life up North! This weekend was our long Easter weekend, so we got Friday and Monday off from school. My friend and I drove the 10 hours South right at 3pm on Thursday and arrived in Montreal around 1am. It was a very long drive but at least I had good company and it was light for about a third of the ride.

This holiday break is the first true break we have had since starting back in early January. Needless to say, it has been a long winter and the break to go south was much needed. We now have 4 weeks of school until our Goose Break then 6 weeks of school afterward then it's Summer!

I say that I live in the Land of 1000 Seasons because I feel like we have gone from winter to spring and back to winter about 3 times since March 1st. The week before leaving for Montreal was beautiful, cloudless skies and positive 3 or 4C (35-38F) in Mistissini and the snow was starting to melt. We left for Montreal and it seems that our absence made the weather dip back into winter, while I was enjoying 6C (43F) and sunny, I checked the temperature in Mistissini and this is what I found!

Brrrrrr.... that is not what I wanted to see!

Nonetheless I enjoyed my time in Montreal very much, I was able to catch up with some friends from Bishop's University, enjoyed a wonderful Passover Seder at a friend's house and visited my old landlord from my time in Pointe Claire. On Sunday morning I was invited last-minute to a Habs game aka the Montreal Canadien's aka the 3rd worst team in the NHL currently. As my friend put it, it's always fun to watch the Habs lose! I had a great time, bought overpriced food and got a good sleep before leaving at 7am on Easter Monday to leave the Island. 

The drive up North was also amazing as usual with the best views all around. I was very happy to see my Lily again after 4 nights away! I am planning on bringing her South to enjoy the heat the next time I visit Montreal. She was very happy to be home in her bed (my bed) with her own toys and her own food.


Please send warm vibes my way and help melt our snow!

Until next time,

~Vicki



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Annie Whiskeychan Day

A Super Update on 2020

Pre-Winter Update