1 More Week!

This is a quick update before our well-deserved Goose Break!

Less than one week until I am Texas-bound with two of my good friends from up north. After Easter was a somewhat relaxing 3-day week before 2 professional development days. Those two days were jam-packed, so not exactly a break. My friends and I decided to get away that weekend to Chicoutimi, which is about a 5hr drive away from Mistissini. The drive is much more do-able in a weekend than Montreal.

I had only been to Chicoutimi once before and just for a day, so it was very nice to spend more time and explore the city. Chicoutimi has around 65,000 people and reminds me of a small Sherbrooke. It has a river running through the center and has one long road with basically all of the shops in the city. The mall was wonderful because we got to go shopping for the first time since Easter! It really is a big deal when the closest Wal-Mart is 5 hours away.

Our view of the river from the motel

We were lucky enough to find a motel that was pet-friendly so my friend and I brought our puppies with us. The pups were definitely not impressed with the 5 hour long trek but they loved the water and the short walks we took. They were also spoiled by a wonderful day at a Doggie Daycare called G Berge Canin (check out their facebook here).

Lily was a silly princess and didn't want to get her paws dirty so she walked as far from the mud as possible, check out the adorable video here:https://www.facebook.com/gbergecanin/videos/1676938519028374/

She even got some yummy treats at the pet store because she was so well-behaved!

It is finally getting warmer here, just in time for us all to leave! It has been above freezing for the past few days and is supposed to be as warm as 11C (51F!!) tomorrow.

On Saturday I am off to Montreal with Lily, she will stay at a kennel that allows the dogs to stay free with access to an inside kennel and an outside yard at all times! Then on Monday my friends and I are off to Austin, Texas for 2 weeks to eat BBQ, listen to country music and do some big shopping! We are very excited to actually sweat for the first time since September!

Happy Spring to everyone who has spring already and wish me safe travels next week!

Thanks for catching up with me!

~Vicki


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annie Whiskeychan Day

A Super Update on 2020

Pre-Winter Update