Winter Winds Bring More Snow

The winds of winter have been unkind to us these past days, we have accumulated almost 2 more feet of snow!

Snow up here is very light and fluffy which means that when the wind blows, the snow blows. When we got back from Chibougamau last night, the snow was past my knees going up to my front door, and this morning I could barely fit through the front door! We had to shovel our way out into the yard.

Although I may not enjoy walking through knee-deep snow to get to my car, Lily loves climbing the snow drifts and digging in the snow. Here is a snapshot of her sitting on top of her snow-throne in my yard.

Otherwise, the snow is making the community and forest trails that much more beautiful. The walks we take are on trails surrounded by snow past our heads, like we are walking through a tunnel. It is so beautiful to be surrounded by natural sights and smells.

This week's weather is also starting to look up, the temperature is slowly rising showing more sun and numbers in the positive in Fahrenheit! It is still cold when the wind blows, but at least it seems to be getting warmer and warmer heading into March. I have been told that the snow will stick around until the beginning of May, but at least I won't have to cover every inch of myself before going outside! Here's a nice picture of my friend and I walking in the snow storm.

This week marks the end of Term 2 for report cards, that means that we are 2/3 of the way through the school year. Time has definitely gone by so quickly living up north, I have kept myself so busy with friends, puppies and staying phyisically active.

That's all for now!

Enjoy the snow if you have any!

~Vicki

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annie Whiskeychan Day

A Super Update on 2020

Pre-Winter Update