A Wintry Week

Welcome back Winter! Long time no see....

Just kidding because it has only been 5 months since snow was last on the ground.

This year, winter has decided to make an early appearance, covering everything in sight with a thin layer of wonderful white powder. I cannot be too upset, because snow is ALWAYS better than rain. Try taking your dog out on a walk in the rain: Miserable! Take them out in the snow: Bundles of Fun!

This is the latest picture of my snowy home. The lake has not frozen over yet, it is still look warm for that. It will begin to freeze little by little, but it will not be safe to walk on or ski-doo on until at least the beginning of January.

Lily always enjoys our walks, rain or shine or snow. I think the snow gives her a thousand more things to smell and she looks so darn cute with her snoot in the snow!

 My students and I are preparing for Halloween, which is right around the corner. This past week, we worked on creating our own haunted houses out of construction paper. I gave them a template and an example of my own work and told them to go forth and create their own! They all did a wonderful job, I even had one student make a mini haunted house, not realizing that it should be the same size as mine. I gave him extra points for creativity. 

October goes by in a flash because we have a long weekend for Canadian Thanksgiving, then all of a sudden we have 2 PED (Professional Development) Days in the middle of the month, then Halloween! We have a very short 3-day week coming up, I could not be more grateful because the days are getting shorter, the weather is getting colder and the only color in the sky these past few weeks has been grey. 
This picture above is one of my favorite shots from my Thanksgiving weekend in Montreal with Lily. We went to many dog parks and at this one, we met a very cute Doberman-Frenchie duo. They were attached by a leash to each other! I am not sure why this was, but let me tell you how hilarious it was to watch the Frenchie chase Lily at the speed of light while dragging her very large and not-so-graceful friend along for the ride. I could not stop laughing. Lily did not know what to make of the pair, but at least they had fun together!


I feel like I'm going backwards in time with this picture, but this is the color of our fall. Vibrant yellows, oranges and browns in the woods. This view is now covered in white dust! I cannot lie and say we do not get a fall up here in the North, but it is very short and sweet. Once winter pays us a visit, it's there to stay and it makes itself very comfortable.

Up until recently I didn't even have a key to my shed in the backyard, so my kayak was beginning to get a feel for winter too! I was lucky to get the key this past week, just in time to store my kayak and summer tires until next season. Around here, you might as well keep your winter tires on all year! In Quebec, it is the law to have winter tires from November 15 to March 15, but up North it's more like October 15 to May 15.

You really never know when it might snow!

I will leave you with this funny Halloween pun :)



~Vicki

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annie Whiskeychan Day

A Super Update on 2020

Pre-Winter Update