The Perfect Day

Has anyone ever asked you, what's your perfect day?

Maybe it's relaxing by the beach, maybe it's hiking for hours on your favorite trails or maybe it's just being with your favorite person.

For me, that day was today: Sunday, June 3rd, 2018. It has been the most perfect day spent with the most perfect people and the most perfect dogs at the most perfect lake. I know that when you think of me you would think it would have teaching in there somewhere but I have to say that so far in my 10 months in this community, today was perfect.

I know that I have not updated on my Goose Break and my month of May but I'll get to it...first I need to tell you all about my day today.

It started with a lazy wake-up, the sun streaming in through my bedroom window at 5am...definitely not time to wake up yet. I look over the side of my bed at Lily, who lifts her head, looks at me and flops it back down. She knows me, I need more sleep. 9am rolls around and I finally stretch awake and give Lily her morning belly rubs and go through my Sunday morning routine of dancing around my kitchen to Latin Pop and eating a protein-rich breakfast.

Lily knows it's time to walk as I grab her harness and leash from the side room. She dutifully sits by the front door and waits for me to check that I have all of my things in order. We are going to visit our friends and their dogs for a picnic by the Lake. A symphony of barks, yips and wagging tails greets us as we arrive. Lily waits for a treat then dashes to join her furry friends in the water. Going to the lake has become a new pastime for us, especially since recently learning that she can swim. As all the pups splish and splash their way through the water, us humans gather and share our delicious homemade treats.

We appreciate the light breeze, as the sun stares down at us throughout the afternoon. At a beautiful 18C (65F), it is just warm enough to shed our jackets. Needless to say we were mightily appreciative of the sun.

The rest of the afternoon was spent lazing outside, sharing thoughts and ideas about books, love and tattoos.

Despite the obstacles and loss that life has thrown my way in the month of May, I am so grateful to be in this beautiful place, I cannot imagine a more perfect day.

Please enjoy below one of the few pictures of me with my Lily on the water.


Merci beaucoup for being patient with my sporadic posting, I promise another post soon all about my Goose Break, my trip to Texas and the importance of shooting your first goose!

~Vicki

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annie Whiskeychan Day

A Super Update on 2020

Pre-Winter Update