Spring?

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for slacking on the updates for the past few weeks, I have been over my head busy with life things!

The most exciting part of this update is that I moved to a new apartment! I was originally in a small fourplex with one bedroom and a small kitchen/living room combo, but I got the opportunity to move into a spacious two-bedroom place right across the street from the school. I now can see the front doors of the Elementary School from my kitchen window. It's unheard of to move in the middle of winter literally one kilometre down the road...but that's what I did!

There hasn't really been any more snow since the beginning of March, maybe a centimetre or two, that's nothing to what my family in New England is getting! Feet on feet of snow. I still think that our snow banks are bigger ;)

Above is a picture of the snowbank right outside my new house.

Lily has been getting bigger every day and took some time getting used to the new apartment. She usually would play with my friend's puppy but now we live "too far" for them to be let out together. We now schedule puppy play dates, they are exactly as fun as you'd imagine. Here's a snapshot into what those playdates look like...

They are literally cuddling each other!

I think that my old place could fit in my new place about 2.5x! I have so much space for my things, myself and of course Lily has more space to sleep and play. She has a new friend that's a husky mix that lives two doors down. Since playing more with her new friend, she begs to go outside and refuses to come in! She loves the cold, the winter and the snow. 

At school we celebrate the month of March by having theme days every day of the week. Some of those days included: Bad Hair Day, Wear Green Day, Formal Dress Day, Wear Clothes Inside Out and more! The kids loved it when I came in with my hair a total mess! Here is a picture of our window with some St. Patrick's Day decorations.


I went to Chicoutimi for the first time this past week with my friend and her partner. It is the closest town to Mistissini with a Wal-Mart. We were crazy and decided to do the 5hr drive there and back in one day! We left the community at 3:30am! We got home around dinner time and I was still in bed by 10pm. I was able to pick up a few things for the classroom and treated myself to a haircut and some clothing shopping. 

This next week is Easter Long Weekend and then 4 weeks later is our Goose Break. The spring has finally arrived although it was still -16C this morning. I look forward to the warmer weather and to seeing the grass again!

Have a happy Spring everyone!

~Vicki


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annie Whiskeychan Day

A Super Update on 2020

Pre-Winter Update