Welcome Back to the North!

Hello again everyone!

Sorry it has been so long since you've heard from me, but I had a wonderful holidays back in the States spending time with family and friends. I was lucky enough to visit my grandmother in New York and spend some quality time with my parents in Boston. After 2 short weeks, I made the trip back up north, stopping for a few days in Montreal.

Back in Mistissini I was met with bitter cold, not surprising since it is winter here! It was high's of -25C (-13 F) for a few days when I got back. Then suddenly it started raining! RAINING! That is unheard of this far north at this time of year. The rain made everything into a skating rink and even froze the gas cap on my car. The temperatures rose to above freezing for that day and evening then sunk low again the next few days.

I was lucky enough over the break to invest in a larger car for the winter up here, I got myself a RAV4 and let me tell you it is a dream to have in this snow and cold. There is so much snow piled up in my driveway but the car drives right through it whereas my other car would have been stuck in a split second.


I also got back to my puppy Lily and she grew so much since I was gone! She must weigh about 40lbs now and her tail is 3 times the size it was when I left in December.

She likes to sit outside on the giant pile of snow when I let her out.

Unfortunately this past week I got sick with the flu, this is a classic sickness for any teacher, but especially a first year teacher. I left school Monday at noon feeling terrible, then I went to the clinic in the community on Tuesday feeling even worse. They diagnosed me with the flu and I was told to stay home and rest and drink lots of fluids and stay home until I feel better. I did not feel better the entire rest of the week, so hopefully Monday will bring good things for me at school! 

That is all for now, I am crossing my fingers that I feel better this week!

Thanks for catching up!

~Vicki


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annie Whiskeychan Day

A Super Update on 2020

Pre-Winter Update